Health Literacy in Dentistry Essay Contest
The American Dental Association through the Council on Advocacy for Access and Prevention (CAAP) and its National Advisory Committee on Health Literacy in Dentistry, is sponsoring their annual HEALTH LITERACY IN DENTISTRY ESSAY CONTEST. Dental students will have the opportunity to research scientific literature on the topic of Community Water Fluoridation and write an essay on the topic.
- The contest begins September 15, 2019
- Students submit their essay entry to their dental school by October 30 for preliminary judging.
- Each school will select one essay entry for final judging by the ADA
- Entries are due to the ADA by November 30.
- The grand prize winner will receive $500 and his or her essay will be published on the ADA’s consumer website www.mouthhealthy.org
- Two runners-up will each be awarded $250. All winners will be recognized through various venues, including ADA News.
State and local dental associations are asked to encourage dental schools in their area to participate in the contest!
Contact Kelly Cantor at email@example.com for additional information.